In this guide, I’m going to show you the best scope for M1A.
Whether you’re on a budget or looking for a solid medium-to-long range scope, you’ll find it here.
Let’s get started!
Why should you trust me?
Look, I’m not here to baby you into ‘trusting me’ nor do I care to. But what I aim to do is share — from personal experience — the M1A rifle scopes that worked best for me.
Before I bought the optics, I read every Amazon review, M1A scopes guide, Youtube comparison and every technical scope material online.
Then, I bought the top 20 and hand-tested each scope individually.
And now, after hours of testing and research, I’ve finally compiled my top M1A scope recommendations down below.
Feel free to check them out. If any of the scopes look like it’s calling for you, try it out. That’s the only way you can find the best M1A scope for you.
The 5 Best Scopes for M1A
If you’re pressed on time, here’s a quick list of the best M1A scopes:
- Vortex Crossfire II 4-16×50: Best for Short-to-Long Range
- UTG 3-12×44: Best Budget Scope
- CVLIFE Hunting Scope 6-24×50: Best M1A Scope under $50
- Redfield Revolution 3-9×50: Best Scope for Hunting
- Burris Ballistic Plex 2-7×32: Best for Short-to-Medium Range
1. Vortex Crossfire II 4-16×50: Best for Short-to-Long Range
If you have been sitting around patiently for the grand-daddy of long-distance shooting, you’ll be pleased to know the wait is over.
With 6-24x power, hunters have recorded shooting accurately over 1,000 yards!
The Vortex Optics Crossfire II is incredibly durable and manages to hold zero even after getting knocked around. Also, I need to applaud for how the elevation and wind adjustments stayed after continuous abuse.
However, I did experience some difficulty lining up the elevation turret markings. I was finally able to fix it by simply zeroing out the scope again. With such an easy fix, it was great to be able to jump right back into the action!
Overall, the customized hash marks created by Vortex has undoubtedly set a new standard for optics. The lines help to eliminate any guesswork previously involved in windage and holdover corrections. It’s an excellent tool for range variety where holdover is a significant concern for even the most skilled marksmen.
- Long Eye Relief
- Dead-Hold BDC Reticle
- Great Parallax Removal
- Nitrogen-Purged Weatherproofing
- Unforgiving Adjustment Refocusing
Is the Crossfire II for you?
Vortex scopes are set up to showcase their long, impressive list of features. So, the Vortex Optics Crossfire II is no exception to this rule.
With its multi-coated lenses, extreme durability, nitrogen-purged weatherproofing, and long eye relief, there’s not much more one could ask. It has well deserved its place as one of the best M1A scopes and Ruger 10/22 scopes!
- The 4-16x50 Adjustable Objective Crossfire II riflescope is one of many configurations in the Crossfire II line. The Dead-Hold BDC reticle is good for hunting/shooting at varying ranges where...
- The adjustable objective provides image focus and parallax removal to the shooter while anti-reflective, fully multi-coated lenses provide bright and clear views.
- With long eye relief and an ultra-forgiving eye box, you'll be able to quickly get a sight picture and acquire your target. The fast focus eyepiece allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
2. UTG 3-12×44: Best Budget Scope
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty scope, your scope is right here.
The UTG 4-12×44 30mm is an excellent scope for those that don’t mind a little more to love.
But, its real worth comes through in its extreme durability. The 30mm tube is built on what UTG calls a “True Strength Platform.” This means that the ocular components are Nitrogen-sealed for weatherproofing and the metal is made to last.
The integrated angled sunshade in the front of the scope allows for control on the amount of light entering. Also, helping the glare pairs perfectly with UTG’s 36-color Mil-dot customization.
One of the coolest features by far is the customization that the UTG Compact Scope allows. It’s set up with 36 different colors that can be changed at any time. The change in hue is completed with the push of one, single button.
However, the precision of the scope remains the same regardless of color. The changes are best used for assistance during different lighting situations. Also, of course, for personal preference.
- Full 36-color EZ Tap Reticle
- Multi-Emerald Coated Lenses
- Integrated Sunshade
- Consistent Zero Locking/Resetting
- Heavy weight
Is the UTG 3-12×44 for you?
For the low price point, between this scope and the CVLIFE, I can’t deny that the UTG offers far more customization and features. But, we’re amazed by how reliable and sturdy it kept throughout my testing and it stays in my heart as one of my favorites of the group hands down! That’s why I recommended it in my 7 Best AR-15 Scopes and Optics guide.
- 30-millimeter SWAT 3-12X44 IE tactical range estimating scope with mil-dot, full 36-color EZ Tap reticle
- 30-Millimeter tube built on True Strength Platform: sealed and nitrogen filled, shockproof, fog-proof, and rain-proof
- Best in class multi emerald coated lenses; integrated angled front sunshade complete with flip-open lens caps
3. CVLIFE Hunting Scope 6-24×50: Best M1A Scope under $50
If handed the scope without previous context, one would be surprised to learn its price tag. The CVLIFE Hunting Rifle Scope feels and works just as well as any other excellent M1A scopes on my list.
Although, I have to argue that the numbers of magnification can be misleading. In comparison, the 24x range is about the same as a 12x on the Nikon M-308.
After installation, I didn’t have any issues with loosening up rings or any other troubles that occasionally occur with scopes at this reasonable price range. But, if you’re looking for a great scope to get started, the CVLIFE Hunting Rifle Scope is a great choice.
Any hunter with an illuminated scope knows how amazing they are for low-light and dark conditions. A clear, red layout to the shot allows the hunter to hit on-target regardless of the weather.
While this great feature often bumps up the price, the CVLIFE Hunting Rifle Scope manages to impress me with its high quality and reasonable value.
- Lengthy eye relief
- Long-range magnification
- Not Weatherproof
- Stiff Adjustments
Is the CVLife Hunting Rifle for you?
I keep bringing it up, but I really can’t get over how astounding the price is for the quality. If you’re searching for a medium to long-range target practice, this affordable scope is an excellent addition to your arsenal.
However, if outdoor weather is a concern then maybe this scope isn’t the one. This is the choice for indoor ranges and places where the weather isn’t a problem.
But if you’re an indoor shooter, this is perfect for you!
- Magnification: 6-24x
- Objective Diameter: 50mm
- Field Of View: 28 ft @ 100 yards
4. Redfield Revolution 3-9×50: Best Scope for Hunting
If shorter distances are your aim, then the Redfield Revolution is for you!
This scope is excellent for the price, especially with its fantastic optical technology.
The Redfield offers what no other scope offers: multilayer lenses with a vapor-deposition coating. This results in clear, unparalleled image quality perfect for a large field of vision.
Also, the rifle has waterproofing features that help protect the Redfield’s rapid target acquisition eyepiece. The company rigorously tests every gun to levels beyond regular use to ensure the best possible quality for the customer.
Regardless of the distance or ammo you use, your target will always be clear. The Redfield is the absolute best scope to use for short-range.
- Great Clarity
- Fully Multi-Coated
- Fast Aquisition For Small Targets
- Low magnification
Is the Redfield Revolution for you?
The clear optics, weatherproof testing, and quick accuracy assistance all sit perfectly well within this price range. However, besides the fact that it’s better suited for close-range shooting, this scope is perfect for any medium-sized or small game.
Why let your next prey get away when the Redfield Revolution 2-9x50mm is at your side?
Also, if you want faster target acquisition, some folks use a Bushnell TRS-25 on their M1A.
- Resettable stainless steel finger-click Accu-Trac adjustments
- Accu-Range reticle combines long-range precision with ease of target acquisition
- Waterproof, fog proof and shock proof for a lifetime of field use
5. Burris Ballistic Plex 2-7×32: Best for Short-to-Medium Range
High quality up to approximately 400 yards, this piece is perfect for close to medium-ranges. And if you happen to use the Mini 14, check out the 7 Best Scopes For Mini 14.
The Burris 200261 Ballistic Plex sports the top of the line, field-proven technology. Because of this, the reticle is a simple, effective, and an elegant form for trajectory compensation.
With low profile adjustment knobs, the sleek design allows for pinpoint accuracy while reducing bulk. Also, the high-performance glass is an excellent source of clarity as long as optimal lighting conditions remain prominent.
Lastly, as a copyrighted design, the Ballistic Plex reticle focuses on the lower vertical crosshair. This process was how Burris learned to compensate for any bullet drop hunters experience.
- Multi-coated lenses
- Fast Target Acquisition
- Coil-Spring Assisted Posi-Lock
- Poor illumination in low-light conditions
Is the Burris 200261 for you?
The Burris 200261 is a fantastic piece for fast-target acquisition, reticle clarity, and weather resistance. If you only shoot in higher lighting settings, don’t look further than this scope!
- Features Ballistic Plex , the most simple, elegant, and effective trajectory-compensating reticle available to hunters Variable power for versatility and improved accuracy at longer distances
- Provides a generous 9.2 to 12 in. of eye relief
- Forward mounting design allows mounting in front of the ejection port, for extended eye relief and both-eyes-open shooting; beneficial for fast target acquisition and increased situational awareness
Think you’re ready to take one of the best scope for M1A for a test run?
The greatest ranges are with the Burris 200261, the CVLIFE has a thrifty price tag, the Vortex will take you on an optimal outdoor adventure, you’ll gain unparalleled target acquisition with the Redfield, and have the best overall variety with the UTG.
Whether range is your concern, or you want the best bang for your buck, there is a scope on this list for you.